Since Derek is out of town and wanted the family to celebrate his birthday together, I took a cupcake-cake to Hatcher's school so the class could help him celebrate his big day. It was nice weather and the cupcakes had a rich blue-green icing (that apparently stains)...so we took the party outside! Easier to keep things clean. Or so we thought. Look at Hatcher's face and fingers in the photos below. Hatcher devoured two of the cupcakes and enjoyed everyone singing to him. It was funny - he sang right along. When you wish him Happy Birthday, he quickly replies wishing you a "Happy Birthday Mommy." It is too sweet.
All in all I think he had a nice day. AND...as an added bonus - Aidan got his first tooth today. No wonder he has been humming in this almost moaning fashion for the past two days. And here I thought he "found" his singing voice! LOL.