Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! For those of you who don't already know, I broke my wrist last weekend. Yes, it was a stupid accident...slipped and fell on the iced over deck stairs trying to get outside to play with the boys. Derek is having to do it all right now. I can't change diapers, make sippy cups, or even put the kids in their car seats...and I'm typing this all with the "hunt and peck mode" that is seemingly exhausting. But, that said, I realize how lucky and thankful I am.



  • I am thankful for a wonderful husband who makes up for the temporary loss of my left arm/hand
  • I am thankful for wonderful friends and family who have stepped in to help (Derek just started his new job!)
  • I am thankful we both have good jobs in this spastic market
  • I am thankful for two amazing kids - both bright, special and very loving...and for Hatcher always offering to help me with my "broken hand bones"
  • I am thankful for having two arms and two hands...I realize how much I miss the use of both together!

As for the actual turkey day - we hosted for a small group of family. Derek did most of the cooking for our piece and what a fine job he did. Christina made some amazing dishes - and helped with the cleaning and prep - HUGE THANKS! Marma brought a Honey Baked Ham (the world's finest ham) and rolls and was on hand to tame the boys and help clean - HUGE THANKS! Without the help of these lovely women and my husband slaving in the kitchen - it would have been fast food for everyone! Hugs and kisses to you each - xoxoxoxo!

I hope you all had time to reflect on what you are thankful for this holiday. Everyday is special...kids make you realize that exponentially!