Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hatcher's first Gymnastics Class

Hatcher is always doing somersaults and talks of learning cartwheels. So, when Amy (Hailey and Tomy's mom) and Jodi (Ava Mei's mom) told me about Ultimate Gymnastics offering a class for 3-year olds, I thought we would give it a try. I enrolled Hatcher in the Tiki Tikes class with Ava Mei and Hailey - their first class was on Monday. Hatcher was so excited that he told everyone in school about it. When I went to pick him up the day of the first session, all the teachers wished him well in his gymnastics class. While Aidan, Hatcher and I headed to the first gymnastics class after school Monday, Daddy headed to the hospital to await the arrival of Uncle Neil and Aunt Ramona's baby girl. We hope he can make it next week!

All the moms headed up to a balcony area to watch the kids tumble their hearts out. There is a big range of kids that use the facility - so some of the equipment they don't even use. It was fun to see the kids in action. Aidan had such a hard time watching Hatcher and not being able to participate. We both walked down closer to where they were and every time Hatcher finished an exercise, Aidan would clap and say "Yeah Hatchee!" (It is so sweet - Aidan still doesn't pronounce Hatcher's name correctly - so he calls him Hatchee.) Aidan even had to take his shoes off like Hatcher did...too cute.

Hatcher said his favorite part was jumping in the foam pit. I didn't get a picture of that...but must say that when I took gymnastics as a small child, that was my favorite part too. I remember it vividly - flying through the air and landing into a pit of giant sponge blocks. What fun! When we went to leave, Aidan repeatedly tried to sneak onto the practice mat, with his mischievous grin, running around probably imaging he was practicing too.