Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Trick or Treat...and lots of them!

After a great party we were more than happy to take it easy on Halloween day - a Sunday. It was another beautiful day here in GA. The air was crisp and dry and although it warmed up nicely, the temps dropped with the sun. A perfect night for dressing up and going trick or treating..but first...we still had to carve our pumpkins. Hatcher is really getting good at it. He drew the face and really was gung-ho about trying to carve it all by himself.









Well I guess it has become a new tradition - going trick or treating with the Smiths! They just have the best neighborhood for kids. The folks meet out on the corners and wait for the kids to come around. Some had coolers with drinks and fire pits to warm up near. Others had elaborate haunted houses - donate a canned good for charity and you could go through for free. The haunted house is a staple in the neighborhood - been doing it for 14 years now! Everyone says hello and there are just TONS of kids out. I had to do a few small repairs to the boys costumes - and we depleted our hairspray dye reserves - but we were ready to go! Off to get a little candy. Did I mention the candy...good lord. The boys brought home almost just as much candy as we bought to share at the party.


All the kids ready to go: Tomy, Owen, Aidan, Hatcher and Haley










Until next year...so much fun. Now I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. But even better...we leave for Disneyworld on Thursday. Derek is on the verge of being super duper sick with another cold...so I am hoping all is well. I am so excited for our trip. I hope the boys have so much fun!