Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Picture Day and Hatcher's first visit to the dentist

Today was another milestone day in Casa de Kemmerlin! Hatcher had his first dentist appointment. The kids also had fall school pictures today at school, so getting everyone ready and off this morning was a super chore. But as the day winds down, I can look back and say it was loads of fun. They looked so cute for fall pictures. I couldn't get both of them to smile/look cute at the same time so I am sharing a couple of photos from my attempt to capture them before I took them to school. After taking the kids to school, I went back later to pick up Hatcher for his big appointment. He was so excited and talked to me about brushing his teeth the whole way there. He knew my appointment was today too, so he kept asking me if I had brushed my teeth too because, "if not, you should go home Mommy and brush really good!" As most of you know - I am always late...to nearly everything. I can see it has been rubbing off on Hatcher. No matter where we are going, he is always saying, "we gotta hurry Mommy!" HA! Today was no different.

We made the appointment, okay so we were 10 minutes late, and Derek met us as the Dentist office. Derek and I tried to play up that today was a special big boy day for Hatcher. He did so well at the dentist office - I am sure that having Toy Story 2 on the TV helped a good bit! But, he not only let them check all his teeth, he got a good cleaning as well. All checked out great, and the dentist said that sealants and fluorides have come such a long way that as long as he brushes regularly and visits the dentist, he should grow up with no cavities! Afterwards, he and Derek went to Derek's office to see everyone while I stayed back for my cleaning. I met up with them for a quick bite to eat and then back to school and work we went. Such a wonderful little man, we are so proud of him!