Monday, February 23, 2009

Well Visits for the boys

The boys had their well visits today. Hatcher is an excellent patient for the most part. He will sit still and do what he is asked. Hatcher weighed in at 35 lbs and is now 3 ft tall. He is on his consistent track of 25% in height and 75% in weight! Aidan is right behind Hatcher. It is amazing to me at this age how close they are in size. Aidan weighed in at 26 lbs and was 31 1/2" tall- 50% for both height and weight. Aidan got 4 shots today...and it killed me as I have been vigorously trying to space out these vaccinations as much as possible. But, I was short on time seeing as the county's restrictions on the school required some of these I had been pushing out - or Aidan couldn't come back as of this Friday. The only new one vaccine he got today, that he hasn't already had previous dosing for, was the MMR. I do believe our kids should be vaccinated...I just wish I they were more evenly spaced out. At any rate, he seems to be doing well - his normal self. They were sweet tonight and just wanted to play and sit and read together. I think Hatcher feels bad for Aidan because he saw him get his shots. I do love these two with more space than my heart can hold. Derek and I talk often about how much joy they bring us - definitely the greatest gifts Derek and I can share.