Thursday, April 9, 2009

Finally - the swing set is here!

The rain kept postponing the installation of our swing set - which we purchased the beginning of March. The boys seemed to understand that the rain, and subsequent muddy mess, were holding up the arrival of our playground. Well, thanks to several days of sunshine and some overdue corrective work from our landscaper, the playground is here and the kids are loving it! So below are some photos of before - when the landscaper got his bobcat stuck in the mud, and then the progress that followed in the past several days. That is weeks after the initial "ground breaking." Derek and I were probably more ready for the playground to get installed than the boys - because it meant that the mud pit was covered and we wouldn't have to take our dogs out on leashes in our fenced in, huge backyard.

When I picked up the boys today, Hatcher asked if his playground had arrived. I told him we would have to see when we got home. So - of course, he jumped out of the car the minute we got in the garage, and ran inside to look out the window. That is when the screaming began. It was super cute. Aidan's excitement followed Hatcher's as I carried him inside. The pictures below tell it all.

So, first a shot of the mud pit. Notice the bobcat - stuck and left abandoned in the mud.



The landscapers came out in 30 degree weather - when it was snowing to finish the job after almost 2 weeks of waiting to let the dirt dry out.



The finished area - ready for the swing set installation...can't wait!



We purchased our swing set from Mighty Swings. From start to finish, these guys had it installed and cemented in the ground in under 2 hours! Can't beat that!




The boys enjoying their first time on their very own playground. They were out there as long as we let them - which was until bath time. I am sure I will be out there all day tomorrow...pending the rain!