Monday, April 6, 2009

Notes I don't want to forget - ever!

Hatcher is really having more adult-like conversations lately - before I get too far out and forget them, here are just a few:

Tonight he told us - "life should be perfect!" as he was jumping around on the mound of pillows from our bed - Love the spirit in that little guy!

Almost half the kids in his class are having siblings (2nd or 3rd) - mostly baby brothers I should add - and so Hatcher has been telling everyone at school he too is having another baby brother and that he will have to prepare for and take care of him in 2 weeks. Simmer down now...they are merely rumors. No bun in the oven at this house!

We were in the car over the weekend and Hatcher told Derek and I that when he gets bigger (older), he won't need his Mommy and Daddy and that he will take care of his own babies. I nearly shed tears. Derek quickly responded very PC - with - that is right Hatcher, when you get older you won't need us like you do today; but, know that we will always be there for you - no matter what.

He corrects us all the time and if we forget where we left something - he seems to always know where it can be found.

I hope to load more pictures soon - I have some from soccer this past Sunday, our mud pit - awaiting the new swing set, and more. In the meantime - here are a few.

Here are two of the best photos I could get of the boys the morning of Spring picture day at school. You may see these outfits again for Easter. They looked so handsome - Hatcher even asked to use my hair gel to fix his hair - he knew it was picture day!





The picture below is of the giant sign the kids in Hatcher's class made for him when he had surgery for his second set of ear tubes. We hung it in his room since he was so excited about it. Each of the kids and both teachers put their hand prints on the sign and signed their names. It was really sweet and when Hatcher and I went to pick up Aidan from school that day - Hatcher's classmates all ran up to him and hugged him. How come adults can't react like that after a day of being out of the office sick? LOL