Monday, September 14, 2009
A trip to pre-historic times...Fernbank Museum
Saturday, August 15 (I know I am behind...) I took the boys to Fernbank Museum to see the Dinosaur exhibit. The suggestion came from Owen's mom, Heather. She called us and told us she and her sister were taking Owen and wondered if we were up for it. Perfect timing, Derek needed to do some additional work in the basement and we needed to be gone all day. So we got dressed and headed downtown to see the Dinosaurs. I don't know that I will visit any more museums anytime soon - the kids plowed through the place in 20 minutes. They have no interest in what the informative plaques say or how cool the bones look in different lighting. Although they did have some voice over audio, we weren't able to hang around anyone place long enough to hear the details. They spent most of their time in the play area - designated as the "hands on" area of the museum. Still - only 20 minutes in there. When you pile on the bathroom breaks and chasing efforts - the tour took about an hour and a half. But, it was something fun to do on a hot Saturday indoors. Thanks Heather for the suggestion.


