Monday, May 31, 2010

Taking a photography class...and loving it

Many of you may know that I LOVE taking pictures. I got my first camera when I was 10. I begged my parents for one. And to look back now at the cost of all the film and processing for my habit...dear lord! And Derek can tell you about my loads pictures and photo albums from the past - as can my good friends who have helped me/us move in the past and have had to pack those bad boys up. So, after many years and several "fancy" cameras later, I figured it was time to learn what all these buttons and dials on my camera meant. Based on a tip from my neighbor Mandy, who recently launched her photography business, I finally bit the bullet and signed up for a class. I have been enjoying every minute of it. Turns out several ladies I know who are also "photo lovers" have taken the class. Not sure why I didn't take some of these classes in college...but I didn't. So I am seizing the opportunity now. I am sure the kids are even MORE sick of me taking their pictures...but here are a few of my early favorites.