Monday, May 31, 2010

A wonderful Mother's Day

It seems so long ago now, but what a nice and quiet Mother's Day I enjoyed this year. The day before - on Saturday - Hatcher had his gymnastics celebration so we took the opportunity and invited the local grandparents to the "show" and back to our house for a "mother's day brunch." Derek and I made chicken salad and tuna salad sandwiches with pasta and such for side dishes. We had fruit and cupcakes for dessert. The weather was perfect and we all enjoyed lunch outside. I planted a ton of plants that weekend. I have the bug...I love digging in the dirt. On Sunday Derek and boys took me to breakfast at J. Christopher's. It was just a great weekend with beautiful weather.




On a more personal note, I can't tell you how much I love being a mother. Hatcher and Aidan are so inspirational...they inspire me to be a better person; they inspire me to find more patience; they inspire me to laugh more; but most of all they remind me what is most precious in life. Derek is an amazing father and husband and without him - his love and support, this family unit wouldn't be what it is today. Thank you Derek for a great weekend. Thank you Aidan and Hatcher for all your hugs and kisses...I can always use more!