Monday, June 21, 2010

Mommy's Annual Girls-only beach trip

What a GREAT time! I cherish this trip and am super thankful that Aunt Babs is so wonderful to let us stay there. A big shout out to Nicole and her family for letting us come in and take a much needed break every year. This was the 4th time we all did this - we skipped one year (07) when half of us were pregnant. I am super thankful for my girlfriends. We still manage to have our monthly dinners every month - and on our 9th year doing so. I love each and everyone of them...Stephanie, Karen, Nicole, Lisa and Jamie. Jamie didn't come this year - too many other committments and challenges to get away...but that didn't stop the rest of us! Some quick pictures. Thanks Derek for watching the boys. I know it was great bonding time for you - and I loved getting away - I love you so much! Until next year...




This picture was taken for the kiddos. This is the biggest and best looking fishing ship I have ever seen. It looked a lot like a giant pirate ship. This was as close a shot I could get - but sitting on the sand - it seemed I could reach out and touch it...it was just that close.


We also saw several schools of dolphins and one sand shark! The beach was busy this year - we went over Memorial Day weekend.



Lisa's Baby Shower
It was a success and although we didn't really talk much about it while at the beach - we had a great time putting her shower together. We enjoyed mimosas while preparing the food and then followed up with white wine sangria punch (courtesey of Karen). I can't speak for everyone else - but i was feeling pretty good by "present time!" Congrats Lisa - can't wait to meet baby Davidson before the end of the summer!