Monday, June 21, 2010

My cousin, rock-star Nik, comes through townwith the Broken Bells

My cousin Nik is currently touring with the Broken Bells. They recently ended their US tour in Atlanta and Athens. Mom and I took the boys to meet Nik while he was in Atlanta at Center Stage. Although well behaved, I think Nik is happy to be without offspring at this point! Derek took the kids home and Mom and I went onto the show. Ben and Tom came later and we all had a great time. The next night, Marma and P'Bo watched the boys so Derek and I could go to the second show in Athens at the 40Watt. It was a great show and Derek and I both loved the music. The Broken Bells have played on Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon's late night shows. Nik was in great spirits and looked the same. I think it is great that he can do what he loves and hope that someday he can tour as the lead show. I wished we had more time to visit with him - but understand that he is working. We hope to get out to CA this fall to see him and the rest of the CA crew. Good luck NIk and enjoy your summer touring in Europe and Japan this summer!