Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Aidan

Rounding out birthdays for the month of July...we celebrate Aidan's 3rd birthday - July 25th. I remember the day exactly 3 years ago...going to the doctor's office and Derek "strongly suggesting" that we (as in me really) get induced that day. I was 6 days shy of my due date and 5+ cm dilated - but no regular contractions. And when there was a glimmer of hope in both the mid-wife and Derek's eyes...we proceeded from the office to the hospital across the street. Pitocin was again needed to move me along but around 7 that evening Aidan was born. He was perfect and Derek and I were thrilled to meet him.


But fast forward to today...a little guy who is super care free, very funny and his own individual. I tried for weeks to get Aidan to tell me what theme or design he might want for his birthday and every time it was something different. The only unchanged was the venue - he wanted his party at Monkey Joe's. Can I just tell you how tired I am of parties held at Monkey Joe's. It is super easy - I will give you that. But...really! It all worked out for the best - as life always does. It was so freaking hot outside that day - you broke into a sweat at 11 am just getting from your car into the facility. I mean - really - do we need summer to be so hot? But it was perfect for the kids and a much better experience than Hatcher's.


So I had to capture this cake. I finally broke down and took Aidan to publix and we flipped through the entire cake picture book. He was all over the map...but we ended up with this one - the Harley Davidson motorcycle cake. HA! No theme...although I did get cars, trucks and motorcycle toys as party favor gifts and stuck with the whole cars and motorcycle theme.


So here are some of my favorite pictures of the day. There are a good many - so hope you enjoy. Wasn't enough for a montage - but thought it best to let you enjoy them all too!













I will say, that as the boys grow up, they have become really good friends. They do fight over toys and such but 80% of the time, they play really well together. They take up for each other when someone is in time out or gets into trouble. Even at school, they protect each other if there is the "toddler scuffle" over god knows what. They are great boys...Derek and I are super lucky!