Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Trip to Watercolor...this time with friends!

We made our annual trip to Watercolor this year...oh how I love this trip. It is always such a great time. So this year, we decided to try it with our oldest and dearest friends...the Estes and the Bayers. The Egan family was also present - although in there own place. It took some time to get the kids to "settle in" to their new digs...but almost instantly they took ownership of the rental house. They called it our new home at the beach. I could only wish! The house was fabulous as usual - this time a 5 bedroom, 4 bath house that sat in the Lake District. We knew we needed to be off the beaten path so the boys could ride their bikes at their own pace. They rode those bikes all around town and had a BLAST doing it! We hit the Frog pool a good bit this year, the beach nearly every day, and the playground. The boys flew kites, made sand castles, caught sand crabs and even went to the Saturday night bonfire to roast marshmallows and cook s'mores. This year we even made the trek to Seaside for the Friday movie on the lawn - to see "Disney's Up." And never was a meal skipped, we had group dinners most nights, ribs, steaks, and even a low country boil - which Hatcher LOVED and really took to eating the shrimp! A first! As always - I took WAY too many photos - I think a record at just over 800 for the week. So - I am creating a montage. But - for now - here are some of my favorites.