Thursday, December 30, 2010

Its been a while...but we've been so busy

It has been a while since my last post - over a month now. But man have we been busy. Mostly - I think that since my evenings have been filled with work - yes, work - I fell way behind in keeping up this blog. The nights I haven't worked - I was preparing for the holidays or just taking a much needed break. Outside of the holidays, we kept busy up until the week before Christmas - with gymnastics, choir and tennis. All of which happen after school and close to dinner or just after a quick dinner - leaving very little time for unwinding. We have been super lucky this last few weeks of the year, Derek really didn't have to travel all that much and was home for dinner most nights. I love when he is home - he takes bath duty - and he helps put the laundry away. So although it was almost 7 weeks ago it seems like we just got back from Disney. Thanksgiving seems a blur and Christmas flew by. So, before I have a massive blog download to catch up - let me just give you some highlights on the boys.

First off - can i just say how much I love being the mother to these special boys. They light UP our lives and make each day so special and unique. They are growing like weeds - both physically and mentally. Half way through pre-K, Hatcher is getting really getting so good at writing. He wrote several of his own thank you notes this holiday and is really excited about learning to read more. Aidan is talking up a storm and finding his own personality. He likes things his way...and doesn't mind getting into trouble if it means he can hold his ground. Aidan is still trying to write his whole name - but really has only perfected A, i and D. He is counting really well and loves to stop me in the middle of a book to count out the items on a page. Both boys LOVE music; however, Aidan is more the dancer and Hatcher more the singer. Derek plays rockband with them all the time and is really good about just turning the radio/ipod on. They are both getting better about sleeping in their beds all night long. Derek and I are getting at least one night a week without kids coming in our bed - so we are making progress. Although, most nights, we do have at least one of them come in between 2-4 am. They are so much fun...and such good boys...we are so lucky.