Monday, April 26, 2010

Enjoying this wonderful Spring weather

What amazing weather we have been enjoying. Although it seems we went from winter to summer in a matter of days - I am not complaining. And, because of the extreme cold and longer winter, everything sprouted green in days instead of weeks - which meant allergies were horrible and pollen unbearable. But, that didn't stop us from enjoying the weather. Derek and I buckled down these past few weekends and put out 195 bails of pine straw and 4 yards of cedar bark chips. The kids were big helpers too. They have enjoyed the weather right along side us - wanting to eat every meal outside on the deck and playing on the playground nearly every waking minute. Although - Aidan doesn't like to get too hot so he will come inside at times...only to have Hatcher follow and beg and plead with him to go back out and play with him. "C'mon little buddy, don't you want to play outside with me?" he will say - over, and over, and over again. It is too cute.




And Derek got his newest toy - his iPad. He was like a kid at Christmas when the UPS truck arrived that Saturday. He and the UPS driver started talking and Derek learned it was all the UPS driver was delivering that day. I had to take these photos with his iPhone...he just couldn't stop smiling. Actually - I am enjoying it too!



Time for another party at school. The kids' school hosted a sweet Easter party - and even had an Easter Egg hunt. The kids had so much fun. When I went to celebrate with them they were both donning "rabbit ears" and talking about the Easter Egg hunt. I just love watching them get so excited about the various holidays. It really makes you stop and appreciate each and everyday.