Sunday, August 31, 2008

A weekend of firsts...

Hatcher's first poo-poo on the potty!
So this weekend has been devoted entirely to going cold turkey on the diapers for Hatcher. A weekend dedicated to potty training and therefore pee-pee on the floor and many, many loads of laundry. Today marked the completion of day 2 with no diapers during the waking hours and we have had TWO, yes 2, successful poos in the potty. He is just not so good with the pee-pee part yet. I always heard the reverse was standard...but again we are talking about us here - and when it comes to odds...well - lets just leave that one alone for now. Hatcher is doing good. I think he is starting to get that when he gets the urge he should tell us, it is just we aren't making it there in time. And yes, for those of you asking, we are taking the timer approach and just proactively going to the potty every 20-30 mins. (Don't you wish you were here?)





Aidan's first steps...
On a much cooler note, Aidan has really started to walk this weekend. He went nearly 15 good feet on his own, holding on to nothing and next to no one. he just wanted to go and play in the play room, so he let go and headed on in there. Of course when we tried to "replicate" the amazing feat, he just wasn't ready to put on the show. And as expected subsequent to putting the camera away, he did it again. I give up. Cuter and sweeter each and every day, I could nearly eat him with a spoon. We are so blessed with our boys. They love each other so very much! That said. below are the pictures/video I could gather.



Oh - and one of these is of Hatcher dancing. Derek has been playing music all weekend from his iPod and the rap song "Walk it Out" has come on a couple of times. Hatcher loves it...and occasionally will just shout - walk it out, walk it out Mommy! HA! I love that guy!