Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treating

We mixed it up this year. I suppose that all day at school on Friday the kids were talking about trick or treating together - in Hatcher's class. So all day Sat (Halloween) I was getting the full court press from Hatcher to take him trick or treating with Hailey and Tomy. After hours of him telling me, I broke down and we veered from tradition of going with the Riley family to the Hammrick's neighborhood. So off to the Smith's house/hood we went. Amy and Greg (Hailey and Tomy's parents) ordered pizza and several families came over. They live in a big neighborhood with TONS of kids. We were kind of suprised by all the activity. Every house was decorated to the max and folks had set up "tailgating" like stations at the end of their driveways, TVs (for the football games), firepits (it was a bit chilly last night) and plenty of boose of course. The kids had an absolute blast. We were very lucky, Derek decided to join us at the last minute. Litterally, the kids had told him goodbye and they were in the car, and after I wrote him directions on a peice of paper asked him why he wasn't jsut coming with us. After eating some hard boiled eggs he jumped in the car and came with us. At the Smith house, the kids ate pizza and dessert was "Dirt Cups" - courtesey of Owen's mom. They were really good - chocolate pudding with crunched oreos on top with some worms to boot! After dinner and before dusk, we all changed the kids and off we went in the steady mist and chilly weather - perfect for Halloween. The kids hit about 20 houses and then we met back at the cul-de-sac and the adults went to a haunted house. Amy and Greg's neighbors put on a huge haunted house - ironically it was on the news...to get in you had to donate a can good. It was really good. I screamed "oh shit" at least 20 times...and a grown man in front of us kept yelling "oh snap...oh snap!" Greg just kept laughing. I came out and I went to watch the kids so Derek could go...we really enjoyed it. Thanks Smith family! Here are some of my fav pictures. I will load some video later today.