Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Love this time of year...Fall festivals everywhere you turn

Tis the month of festivals in our neck of the woods. Festivals with food, art, and most importantly tons of stuff for the kids. The big one in Duluth every year houses a traveling carnival and collection of jump houses. The kids had a blast. Derek and I were able to walk around most of the vendors and squeeze in time for the kids to jump and ride the ferris wheel - which I was terrified of. I seriously doubt you will EVER find me on one of those again. I sat with Hatcher and he was so sweet, he knew I was about to jump out of my skin and said, "don't worry Mommy, I am here for you and will help you feel safer." Moments later as the wheel creaked its way around again Hatcher said, "I am not so sure of this thing mom...maybe we should have ridden the other one!" LOL great...





The following weekend was the Norcross Art Fest. Derek was out of town in Colorado at the GA game. He and some of the guys went and made it a "boys trip away" and even though UGA lost - they all had a great time. So while he was away, I packed the weekend with fun outdoor events. We headed to the Norcross Art fest with Heather and Owen, Amy and her two - Haley and Tomy. The kids had a blast and behaved so well. We made a deal, we would let them jump in the jump house to their hearts desire and then the adults could walk the art displays. We took them around every single art vendor - and not a single thing was broken. Then we all headed to lunch at the train depot. The kids were glued to the windows waiting for the trains. We saw two while at lunch...then everyone headed back for late afternoon naps!