Sunday, October 31, 2010

the week of halloween parties...before the party

So this was one week that will be hard to top. The kids had a Halloween-related party nearly every night last week. It started on Wednesday with the Trunk-or-treat at church. That is right, the kids go to church - for choir. They have their fall recital in two weeks. The boys have loved it. Hatcher sings songs all the time and that is so sweet. So on Wednesday, it was raining and they moved the party into the church. So the kids went room to room instead of "trunk" to "trunk" for candy. They had a great time. We did two costumes this year. One for the school and other functions and one for the party we were hosting and Halloween night. So for the school and church, the boys were firemen. I had two costumes so it was perfect - and they loved playing dress up.

But back to the week of parties. So Thursday was bring a friend and trick or treat at gymnastics. Hatcher wanted to bring Owen...so, I picked up all three boys and off we went to meet Haley and Tomy at gymnastics. For each exercise they completed they got a treat. Then at the end of each circut, they got time in the jumpy. Oh my heavens they were loving every minute of it. Hatcher is doing cartwheels, somersaults, balance beam (forward and backwards), the uneven bars and the rings. Aidan tries them all but has mastered the somersault and balance beam. They really enjoy that class - so I am glad we can do that for them.

Then Friday was the Halloween parade and party at school. I took the afternoon off so I could go and enjoy the function. Hatcher's class had been practicing Halloween-themed songs so that as they paraded around the school in each of the other rooms, they could sing up to three songs. So freaking cute. I will load video up at the end. Meanwhile - in Aidan's class everyone was just having fun with all the costumes. They too paraded around the school - but without any singing - that is left to the big kids. Crazy - Hatcher is considered a big kid now. Man - where does the time go. Here are some pictures from the week. I didn't get any at gymnastics - which is just as well - I haven't mastered using my camera there!

Wednesday's Church Trunk or Treat





Friday's Halloween party at school





Hatcher singing the Halloween songs in the parade...