Monday it was just the boys and me at home. They were off until the new year - so naturally I was off with them. Derek on the other hand had to go into the office. He was out so much with his mystery illness for two weeks around Halloween that he just felt it wouldn't be fair. And...all worked out for the best. He bound a huge deal and was able to work from home some additional days to help out with entertaining and cleaning. :) On Wednesday, Chad, Cathy and the kids came back to our house for the night. It was super nice of them - considering they were litterally living out of their suitcases and staying at 5 different homes to accomodate all the family members. It was great bonding time for the cousins. Once again, Hatcher, Aidan and Zach were inseperable. They wore each other out! Although I did get this priceless picture of them in the tub!
Time for surprise number 3...Roxie, Jim and Hilton were able to come down to celebrate the holiday with us too. They drove straight down after work on Wednesday and were able to overlap some with the Colorado gang's visit. It was such a treat to have all the Kemmerlin cousins in one place. It has been a long time. Derek and I got Grandaddy Wayne and Abuelita a webcam for Christmas. They LOVE it! So when everyone was here, we got on the computer and did some video chatting. I got some of the craziness on film too.
I also was lucky enough to get a photo of all the cousins on the fireplace hearth before everyone headed out. I even got one with the ancestorial links...the Kemmerlin kids! What fun and so many great memories!
Our day of firsts didn't end with a historical family photo...no sir...baby Hilton - who is turning one year old tomorrow (Happy Birthday Hilton!) was in need of a haircut. Now wait - don't judge me yet. I wasn't the one who said he needed a haircut...and if you recall photos of Hatcher - I should have listened to Derek and not waited until AFTER his first birthday and cut his sooner but I refused. (I have added a picture of Hatcher for reference and memory.) At any rate, it was awesome to be a part of Hilton's big day...and may I just say, he did amazing. I had to hold Hatcher because he wouldn't sit in the chair and then he just kept screaming while his hair was being cut. Hilton went in and sat still like a pro - and we captured it all on camera and video. Here are my favorite photos - Hilton's first haircut - at Snip-Its with Adela...she's our favorite!

Here is Hatcher as of his first birthday. Notice the length of his locks and the dire need that they be at least trimmed. I was just NOT going to cut his hair before his 1st birthday...LOL. And with Aidan - I loved those curls and he had (and still does) such fine blond hair - I hated to cut it at all. A picture of him post-first birthday and pre-first cut shown below. Look at my once pudgey little men!