Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Hatcher...You are officially 4 years old!

What a precious gift...a picture from the day we welcomed Hatcher to the world.



Hatcher's first celebration was at school. The boys and I made 24 cupcakes that I sent to school with them for an afternoon snack/celebration. Hatcher asked me if I was going to go and decorate his classroom and bring party favors. I told him I would see what I could do. So at the last minute on Friday afternoon, I took some personal time from work, drove to party city to get the party supplies and favors for both the school shin-dig as well as for his big planned party. I got to his school around 3 pm and he was super excited. He was just begining to hand out the cupcakes to his classmates...so I went down the hall and got Aidan and we had a mini birthday party for Hatcher. Afterwards the boys and I were off to pull together all the other essentials we needed for his big party at Monkey Joe's.





The morning of Hatcher's birthday and before the party, we all came down to the keeping room and let Hatcher open our presents to him as well as the presents that had come in the mail. We had even saved up his cards. Such a good big brother, he let Aidan help him open everything.







Finally it was time for the big hoorah! We had coordinated a party at Monkey Joe's, one of those indoor "bounce house" facilities. We figured it would be perfect being that it has been so cold in Atlanta lately and rainy...just as it was this very day - cold and rainy. But, I guess everyone else had the same idea. We were one of 30, yes that is right, THIRTY parties that day. We arrived around 10:30 so we could set up before the 11 party. Well, apparently during the busiest season, you don't get your actually party room until 1 hour AFTER your party starts. So everyone puts their gifts, coats, shoes, etc on a cart until the room is ready. There were already several parties going on when we arrived. The kids had a blast - none of them had any clue there was even an issue. I think most of the guests were okay as well - until the kids started asking for water (of course from running around for an HOUR!) but we hadn't yet set up. You get the picture...I was frustrated to say the least...but really trying to hold it together. I think I did a fair job...HA - fair at best. I didn't loose my temper - I just stopped talking. HA...but Hatcher had a great time. He loved playing with his friends.












All in all there were 11 kids there: Hatcher and Aidan, Haley and Tomy Smith, Owen Albert, Maddox Bayer, Sophia Estes and her cousin Berta, Madison and Carter Riley, Houston, and Ava Mei McMahon. All the kids had a blast. Sophia is still too little to get involved...but it was great to have them there with us to celebrate. When we finally did get the room, folks just migrated in. We had pizza, apple juice and soda for everyone. Then the big Spiderman cake. Hatcher had an absolute blast - which is what it is all about. I know it was stressful for me since I was reluctantly not in control of most of the party...and add to that the chaos of the environment in general...whew. That said, I can't believe my little man is 4. I just can't believe how fast he has grown. He is such a joy - such a love. I think he touches most of the people he meets. I am so super proud to be his mother.