Friday, January 29, 2010

A little bit of snow...just a bit

Well, we had our first official snow of the season on Friday, January 8th. The boys couldn't wait to go outside and build a snowman...little did they know that it was extremely dry snow that had fallen on top of a thin sheet of ice. The snow wasn't wet enough, nor did we have enough of it to even make a snowman. But the little bit of snow we did get stuck around for almost an entire week as it was so cold here in Atlanta. I can't imagine what our power/gas bills will be for January. It has been one very cold winter so far. At any rate, we didn't spend too much time outside...it was too cold. But for the 20-30 minutes we were outside we had a good time. I got some great photos of the boys and Derek checking out the snowfall around the entire yard. I do hope we have a more substantial snowfall this winter...we will just have to wait and see. I am growing a bit tired of the extreme cold. Hope you are all fairing well this winter.