Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy almost Birthday Hatcher

It is so hard to believe that my oldest son will be 4 years old tomorrow. Time has flown by. Hatcher is such a wonderful part of this family. He has an amazing and uplifting spirit. He continually amazes both me and Derek. He says whatever comes to mind and is just as sharp as a tack. He is already able to write his name, count to 30 and beyond, and recognizes letters and understands that they form sentences that are to be read. Sometimes when Derek or I put Hatcher to bed and try to skip portions of the book so that we can have some downtime before we hit the sheets too - he will call us out on skipping portions of text or pages. He loves to read and often reads his favorite books to Aidan. He helps us cook almost every night and on the weekends. He can chop bell peppers with me, crack an egg and stir anything. He is an amazing helper. He has figured out how to use all of our remotes, turn just about any electronic device on and loves playing games on Derek's iPod. I hope that as he continues to grow up we are the best parents we can be - he sure makes me want to be a better person and mother. I see so much of Derek and I in him and enjoy watching him learn and grow. He is a loving big brother and really just enjoys being Aidan's big brother.




Happy Birthday Hatcher Datcher Doo...we love you so much and are so grateful to have you in our lives. I am so excited to watch you grow...I just wish it didn't happen so fast...sometimes I feel like these past 4 years were crammed into a weeks time.