Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mommy goes to NY and Daddy takes the boys to the Aquarium

What a wonderful and amazing group of girlfriends I have. I am so lucky! The 6 of us, who have been getting together at least once a month for the past 9 years, traveled together to NY for the weekend to celebrate the coming arrival of Melanie's first child. Melanie, who worked with all of us and is part of the group once removed...LOL and the Mommy-to-be, hosted us for the weekend. And even though the second Nor-Easter was landing the same day we were scheduled to arrive in NY - nothing stopped us from having a great time. Not even the 17+ inches that fell in total BEFORE we landed. Even Flat Stanley (the paper man - a school project for my niece) had a rockin time!

I didn't get time to do too many things that are "uniquely New York" - but I had a great time none the less. Thanks Derek for taking care of things while I was away...I didn't worry once...okay, maybe just once.




While Mommy was away, Derek entertained the boys along with Grandaddy Wayne and Aubelita for the weekend. Between a party at Monkey Joe's on Saturday and a trip to the Aquarium...Derek stayed busy. And everyone had a good time. Looks like it was a win-win for everyone. I did miss the boys ( and I do mean all three), it was GREAT to get away.