Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Some favorite recent moments in time...

Derek and I really try to make the most of our free time with the boys. He hurries home from work, probably earlier than he should, and I work less hours than I should; but, at the end of the day - it is so worth it. These precious moments seemingly fly by so fast. And as much as Derek hates it, I try and keep the camera within arms length - at all times. Although lately - the tides are turning and with the handy invention of the iPhone and "on board" camera...Derek has gotten involved with capturing those precious moments too.

I am sharing just a selection of some of my favorite recent moments. What I love most about these photos is that they really are "a day in the life." What we do every day...filled with the most amazing smiles and moments that just melt your heart and remind you of what is really important. The importance of living in the moment, loving and cherishing your family, and enjoying the time you spend together making memories. I am such a fan of trying to capture those moments and tell the story, so that when you get older you have reference - but also, you don't loose site of the importance of life. I really have been struggling with work/life balance these days...and photography - the photographs I take, remind me...remind me to stop and enjoy the moment. Hatcher and Aidan are no longer babies. Heck, Hatcher is more a big kid to me everyday. It goes by so fast...I don't want to miss, or forget a thing. It is all so precious...so much fun...so much work...and such an amazing ride. Enjoy these moments...



Hatcher on guitar and Aidan on drums creating their own Rock Band



Hatcher swinging on the rope at gymnastics



Hatcher looking cooler than a movie star with his new sunglasses



Hatcher super proud of his Cat in the Hat - hat that he made at school for Dr. Seuss' birthday celebration



Aidan so proud of his artwork - talking up a storm



Hatcher - being so super brave before his laser treatment surgery



Aidan learning to ride his scooter on his own